Your one-stop web resource providing safety and security information to manufacturers

Nearly 20 people suffered exposure to carbon monoxide (CO) leaking from an air conditioner at a Long Island pen and marker factory.

Police responded just before 3 p.m. Wednesday to Liqui-Mark in Hauppauge, NY, after a worker complained of a headache and nausea.

MD Acid Spill Brings Shelter in Place Order
TX Gas Plant Blast Forces Evac
Failed Valve Causes Raw Sewage Spill in CA
Blast Causes Huge Sewage Spill

First responders tested the air and found high levels of carbon monoxide. Officials then tested workers and found 17 tested positive for carbon monoxide exposure.

The woman sickened by the carbon monoxide ended up treated at Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center. The other 16 workers showed no symptoms, but also went to hospitals for a check up.

Cyber Security

Liqui-Mark closed as crews worked to repair the air conditioning unit.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This