Your one-stop web resource providing safety and security information to manufacturers

A machine malfunctioned causing a chemical leak at a Hopkinton, MA, facility that forced five workers to end up rushed to the hospital Friday night.

Emergency crews got the call to Hutchinson Aerospace and Industry at 82 South St., Hopkinton, for reports of a tier-one hazardous materials incident, said officials at the State Fire Marshal’s office. A trichloroethylene leak caused throat irritation for some of the workers at the scene.

They are expected to be all right. There were 25 people in the building when the machine causing the leak malfunctioned. Multiple agencies responded to the incident.

Crews are still on scene working to clean up the leak.

Schneider Bold

No further information was immediately available.

Founded in 1853, Hutchinson is one of the world’s oldest rubber product manufacturers. The company provides engineered shock, vibration, and motion control solutions for all industries.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This