ABB released a magnetic level gauge switch that enhances the level measurement and control solution for industrial applications in oil & gas, chemical and power generation.
The LMS200 magnetic level gauge switch is non-invasive and designed to improve the ease of use, safety and reliability of magnetically coupled switches.
The level ‘set-point’ is easily adjustable without changing any process piping or risking a plant shutdown. The result is a safer, reliable and easier way to maintain level measurement systems.
Key elements in the switch include:
• Magnetic coupling, eliminating direct contact with process
• 10 amps DPDT switch in IP66/67 rated explosion proof aluminum housing
• Improved over-molded magnet design to lower the deadband and operating distance
• Spacious chassis & safe wiring terminal design
• Integrated rod mount design for wide range of environmental conditions and applications
• RoHS 2.0 compliance with global Hazloc ATEX/IECEx, cFMus approvals
• OEM replacement for K-TEK’s MS40 & MS40EX magnetic level switches
When mounted on an ABB KM26 magnetic liquid level gauge, or any other magnetic level gauges that contain a magnetic float, the LMS200 switch can sense high or low levels within a vessel. The magnetic coupling action avoids the need for seals, diaphragms, springs, or torque tubes.
The LMS200 is non-invasive, magnetically actuated point level switch that can end up used in demanding conditions.