ABB released its next generation of magnetostrictive liquid level transmitters to improve level measurement for a variety of applications in oil, gas, chemical and power generation industries.
The new LMT Series of magnetostrictive level transmitters’ principle of operation and simple setup ensure total and/or interface levels are always measured reliably and accurately, minimizing downtime and maximizing process efficiency and operating profits.
• Certified to Safety integrity level 2 (SIL2) and systematic capability 3 (SC3) according to IEC61508 and can be used in applications area of IEC61511-1 up to SIL-2(HFT=0) and SIL3(HFT=1)
• High accuracy: 0.01 percent of full scale or ± 1.27mm for total level and/or interface measurement with superior patented AccuTrack Sensor technology
• HART 7 digital communication and 4 to 20mA analog output
• First magnetostrictive level transmitter with Through The Glass (TTG touch screen interface and Integrated and Interactive Waveform
• Packaged in ABB’s advanced common instrumentation platform resulting in simplified operation, maintenance and training to provide a common user experience.
• 3-in-1 measurement of total level, interface and temperature variables with the direct insertion model
• RoHS 2.0 and NAMUR standards with global Hazloc ATEX/IECEx, cFMus, NEPSI, CRN approvals
• Online self-verification and diagnostics feature for easy commissioning and troubleshooting to deliver the best in class asset optimization
The LMT Series level transmitters, available as the LMT100 direct insertion model, and the non-intrusive LMT200 model, are mountable on any magnetic level gauge. The result is an accurate, safer, more reliable and easier way to maintain the level measurement system.