Your one-stop web resource providing safety and security information to manufacturers

An arc flash occurred when a worker was de-energizing a breaker at the Panda Power station Tuesday in south Sherman, TX, injuring the employee.

The incident occurred around 7:30 a.m. at 510 Progress Drive in Sherman, officials said.

Race to Quell TN Conveyor Belt Fire
Pencil Factory Dust Fire Forces Evac
Fire at LA Refinery, Again
CO Refinery Flares after Power Failure

An employee was de-energizing on a breaker when the arc flash occurred, said Panda Energy spokesperson Bill Pentak.

“The employee was wearing his PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) gear, and he was taken to the hospital,” Pentak said. “The worker was not injured, and he has returned to the job.”

Schneider Bold

Pentak said the employee was taken to the hospital as part of Panda Energy’s emergency protocol.

The facility, Pentak said, was already shut down for scheduled maintenance when the incident occurred.

The company is investigating why the arc flash occurred, Pentak said.

Pentak added the incident won’t delay when the plant will be back online.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This