Your one-stop web resource providing safety and security information to manufacturers

A worker for Baltimore Gas and Electric Co. (BGE) was rushed to Johns Hopkins Hospital Saturday after being electrocuted in Eldersburg, MD, officials said.

The Carroll County Sheriff’s Office got the call at noon that a BGE worker had been electrocuted on Bonnie Brae Road, said a sheriff’s office spokesperson.

RELATED STORIES
13 Exposed to Radiation after Breach
NC Zinc Plant Blaze Forces Evac
Hazardous Materials Fly with SpaceX Fire
Chemical Leak Forces Evac at TN Govt. Site

A BGE employee was injured while working on electrical equipment, said BGE spokesman Nick Alexopulos.

The employee was being evaluated at the hospital, Alexopulos said in an email Tuesday.

Cyber Security

“BGE’s top priority is the safety of its employees, contractors and customers,” he said. “As part of our standard procedure, we are in the process of gathering information about this incident.”

Alexopulos did not provide any additional details Tuesday on the employee or his or her condition.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This