A gas leak at a Chevron well in Odessa, TX, Monday forced homeowners to evacuate and a contractor to be sent to the emergency room for an evaluation.

The incident occurred when maintenance was being performed on a Chevron well near I-20 BL on Monday morning and there was a tubing valve failure and release of pressure, according to a release.

Gas Heater Cause of MA Micro Brewery Blaze
Blast, Fire Flattens Oil Tanks
Fire Destroys NJ Paper Plant
2 Hurt in Electrical Fire at TX Plant

One contractor working at the site was taken to the emergency room to be evaluated. He was later released from the hospital.

Four residents who lived nearby were told about the accident and advised to evacuate.

Schneider Bold

Following air quality reports, it was determined it was safe for them to return home.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This