One person went to the hospital and dozens more received treatment on site after an ammonia leak at a food processing plant near Doral, FL, Monday.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue got the call at 7:30 p.m. there was an ammonia leak at the Crystal Valley Foods plant.
When crews arrived, 93 employees had already evacuated, said Miami Dade Fire Rescue Lt. Felipe Lay.
“There were a lot of patients and everyone was checked,” Lay said. “Only one was taken to the hospital.”
The department’s HazMat team responded to mitigate the leak, Lay said.
“An ammonia leak is a common thing in processing plants,” he said.