Traditionally, glare-protection features on welding helmets hamper a welder’s safety and productivity with a clouded and falsified view of the environment and workpiece.
The new flagship optrel crystal2.0 welding helmet delivers 31 percent visible light transmission in its light state (Protection Level 2.0) — setting a record for best brightness and breaking the record optrel itself set three years ago.
The crystal2.0’s true color perception is also industry-leading, delivering a nearly-perfect color spectrum that provides optical clarity for welders of their work and job site. In its light state, the view is the same as looking through a clear glass window. In its dark state, the crystal2.0 provides a high-contrast view of the welding pool and best-in-class clearness.
The crystal2.0 welding helmet features technologies that make welding safer and more productive, including:
• Autopilot Shade Level 4 to 12 automatically adapts shade levels to changing arc conditions
• Twilight Function protects users after a weld from lighting changes and afterglow to reduce eye fatigue and strain
• Sensitivity Control adapts hood to work environment and requirements
• Grind Mode offers the brightest vision available during grinding work
• Heat-Reflecting Paint that keeps users 24% cooler than a traditional hood
• Sensor Slide enables users to set the sensor detection angle to meet individual requirements
• Patented Excenter optimally positions the helmet on a user’s head with just one twist
• Comfort Headband offers an optimized weight balance to protect both neck and back
• 3-year Warranty from optrel following registration
The helmet meets industries standards US ANSI Z87.1, European CE (EN379, EN166, EN175), and complies with Canadian CSA Z94.3.