Malfunctioning machinery at a manufacturing plant led to a grassfire last Wednesday at the A.J. Forsyth Russel Metals in Kelowna, BC, Canada, officials said.
“A piece of machinery had malfunctioned and caught fire, and also got the grass going as well,” said Kelowna Fire Department Platoon Capt. John Kelly.
The fire was contained to the exterior of the building, and was put out in quick order, he said.
A worker from the building used a garden hose to keep the fire from spreading until fire crews arrived.
The official cause of the fire is not yet known, “but it is obviously an equipment malfunction,” Kelly said.