A mis-marked gas line ended up hit causing a gas leak in Spring Valley, CA, which forced evacuations and road closures Tuesday.
Fire crews, sheriff’s deputies, and SDG&E responded after the leak ended up reported around 11 a.m.
The gas leak was caused by JC Cable Company after the Santee-based company accidentally nicked a line, officials said.
JC Cable Company confirmed later SDG&E crews mis-marked the location of the gas line.
The gas leak caused a storage facility to evacuate.
“We’ve done evacuations on the south side of Jamacha. Unknown how long the traffic will be affected. Jamacha Blvd is closed from Folex to Sweetwater Springs Road,” said San Miguel Fire Captain Michael Christiansen.
The roads reopened at about 3 p.m. and everything was back to business as usual but SDG&E officials said they would be on-scene until the gas leak was fixed.