Pelican Products, Inc., which designs and makes high-performance protective case solutions and advanced portable lighting systems, launched the safety certified Pelican 9455 remote area lighting system (RALS), attaining a Class I, Division 1 / IECEx ia / Zone 0 certification.
“The 9455 RALS has passed rigorous evaluations conducted via certified test labs, making it the unparalleled safety industry leader among remote area lights,” said Scott Jones, director of product management for lighting. “The 9455 has an 1600 lumen output and is the first safety certified remote area light with a 125° beam, providing workers with a significantly wider view for higher situational awareness in work areas where safety is paramount.”
The 9455 has three lighting modes: High, low and flashing. It will provide up to ten hours of light on low output setting (enough for an entire work shift), and five hours on the high output mode. The performance and durability of this breakthrough in safety lighting make it the most dynamic light source for use by first responders, search and rescue, law enforcement, military, industrial, construction, industrial, aerospace and recreational activities.
Additional features include:
• Extendable mast with a 360-degree rotating head allowing illumination in any direction
• Low battery warning with a flashing light for visual indication
• Nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) rechargeable battery with a lifespan of over 300 cycles
• LED lamp has a life expectancy of more than 50,000 hours
• Rugged construction, with the body made from polycarbonate/ABS and the head made from aluminum
Pelican’s new 9455 RALS has an MSRP of $ 1,738.86 and has a one-year guarantee.