Schneider Electric revealed the newest generation of its intelligent enclosures for EcoStruxure Triconex safety and EcoStruxure Foxboro distributed control systems.
Designed for oil and gas, petrochemical, chemical and other high-hazard industrial enterprises, the new enclosures speed project execution and decrease start-up costs. The pre-engineered, pre-tested enclosures support Schneider Electric’s flexible, intelligent engineering program, which shortens project schedules and increases project execution flexibility.
The intelligent enclosure line includes:
• EcoStruxure Triconex safety field mounted intelligent enclosure, designed for use outdoors (including hazardous areas) to provide the flexibility to distribute I/O where and when required.
• EcoStruxure Foxboro DCS equipment room intelligent enclosure, designed to be installed in air-conditioned non-hazardous equipment room environments.
• EcoStruxure Foxboro DCS field mounted intelligent enclosure, designed for use outdoors (including hazardous areas) to provide the flexibility to distribute I/O where and when required.
The intelligent enclosures reduce cabinet design time and simplify system design; require fewer drawings and documentation; and involve less engineering, review and approval cycles. Locating universal I/O in the field radically reduces the number of wiring connections and traditional marshalling cabinets needed, which in turn reduces termination manpower and costs.
As a result, intelligent enclosure customers have experienced:
• 25 percent reduction in cabinet engineering design and documentation time
• 30 percent reduction in project schedules
• 30-50 percent reduction in traditional marshalling cabinets