Mocana, an IoT security solution provider for industrial control systems (ICS) and the Internet of Things (IoT), partnered with Avnet, Xilinx, Infineon Technologies and Microsoft to introduce an integrated industrial IoT system that meets the latest cybersecurity standards.
The system consists of advanced hardware and software built on the Avnet UltraZed-EG system-on-module (SOM), designed to be flexible and rugged for industrial IoT and small-form-factor IoT devices.
The hardware plus software combination includes Mocana’s security software operating on the Xilinx Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC, leveraging the capabilities of Infineon’s OPTIGA TPM (Trusted Platform Module) 2.0 security chip. The integrated system interoperates with the Microsoft Azure cloud and makes it easier and more accessible for large and small companies to bring IoT devices and services to market that are secure and compliant with industrial cybersecurity standards.
“Securing our connected world is of critical importance,” said Srinivas Kumar, vice president of engineering at Mocana. “A major challenge for developers of IoT edge products is their lack of familiarity with cybersecurity standards. Our partnership with industry leaders Avnet, Xilinx, Infineon and Microsoft intends to ease this burden by providing a robust hardware plus software cybersecurity design that can be replicated or modified by system designers to fit their application needs.”
The joint solution consists of a suite of secure hardware and software technologies embedded into IoT and IIoT devices, including:
• Avnet UltraZed-EG system on module (SOM): Board-level circuit that integrates a system function in a single module.
• Xilinx Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC: Heterogeneous, multi-core ARM processing system with programmable logic for scalable and comprehensive IIoT edge platforms.
• Infineon OPTIGA TPM 2.0 PMOD: Peripheral module comprised of a secure chip that generates hardware and software keys based on Trusted Computing Group (TCG) standards.
• Mocana IoT Security Platform: Comprehensive cybersecurity software solution that integrates with embedded applications to handle authentication, certificate management, device and data integrity, confidentiality, and encryption and control.
• Microsoft Azure IoT Device SDK and Azure IoT Edge runtime: Software that facilitates building secure cloud and intelligent edge applications.