Static electricity was the cause of an explosion of an oil well in Minerva, OH, officials said.
The well exploded at about 9:30 p.m. March 17 in the 8000 block of Knox School Road in Minerva, OH. The cap to an Atlas Energy well blew off, and landed in a yard a few hundred feet away.
Columbiana County Firefighters used foam to extinguish the flames.
There were no injuries or fatalities.
The explosion ended up caused by static electricity, officials said.
Officials said Atlas will be responsible for the clean-up by the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency and the Emergency Management Agency.