A hazardous materials incident Thursday at an industrial park in Keaau, Hawaii, ended up stabilized, said officials with the Hawaii County Fire Department.
A shelter in place was ordered for those inside homes and business near the Shipman Industrial Park after an apparent propane tank leak.
The incident was first reported just after 11 a.m. Thursday. Upon arrival, fire officials said they discovered a vapor cloud that appeared to have been caused by a torn-off fill valve on a propane tank.
Fire and police department authorities closed areas of the industrial park until the situation had been resolved.
The gas was dispersed using water nozzles, and once authorities determined the flammable zone of the propane was dispersed, the area reopened.