Adobe released security updates for Adobe Acrobat and Reader for Windows and macOS.
The updates address a bypass to the fix for CVE-2019-7089 first introduced in Adobe Acrobat and Reader 2019.010.20091, Adobe Acrobat and Reader 2017 –2017.011.30120 and Adobe Acrobat and Reader 2015 — 2015.006.30475 and released February 12.
Successful exploitation of the vulnerability Adobe labeled critical could lead to sensitive information disclosure in the context of the current user.
Adobe recommends users update their software installations as soon as possible.
The updated versions are Adobe Acrobat and Reader 2019.010.20098, Adobe Acrobat and Reader 2017 — 2017.011.30127, and Adobe Acrobat and Reader 2015 — 2015.006.30482.
In addition, Adobe recommends users update to the latest versions by following these instructions:
• Users can update their product installations manually by choosing Help > Check for Updates.
• The products will update automatically, without requiring user intervention, when updates are detected.
• The full Acrobat Reader installer can be downloaded from the Acrobat Reader Download Center.
For IT administrators (managed environments):
• Download the enterprise installers ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/, or refer to the specific release note version for links to installers.
• Install updates via your preferred methodology, such as AIP-GPO, bootstrapper, SCUP/SCCM (Windows), or on macOS, Apple Remote Desktop and SSH.