Your one-stop web resource providing safety and security information to manufacturers

Malfunctioning equipment looks to be the cause of a chemical reaction that forced employees to evacuate IMRA America Inc., in Ann Arbor, MI, Friday.

The Ann Arbor Township Fire Department responded to IMRA around 3:30 p.m. Friday after receiving a report of a chemical reaction inside a lab, Fire Chief Brian Thurston said.

Propane Plant Blaze Forces Evac
Blaze Wipes Out CA Baby Food Maker
Pellet Mill Fire in ME
PA Chemical Plant Fire

“It appears they had a malfunctioning piece of equipment and the fumes that would normally be dissipated ended up inside the building,” Thurston said.

As a result, employees evacuated the building for around 45 minutes until 4:15 p.m., when they were able to re-enter to get their belongings, Thurston said. There were no injuries and no damage to the building.

Schneider Bold

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This