Investigators are searching for clues into what started a fire that gutted a family beef processing plant in Goffstown, NH.
The report of a fire came in Oct. 6 at 5:30 a.m. at Lemay and Sons Beef in Goffstown.
Firefighters’ first concern was to keep the fire from spreading, said Goffstown Fire Chief Richard O’Brien.
“We also had numerous propane tanks that were right up against the building, with a flame impingement onto that,” O’Brien said.
Getting water to the fire wasn’t a problem, but equipment inside such as smokers and commercial refrigerators made extinguishing it slow going, according to O’Brien.
“There was hidden fire everywhere,” he said.
O’Brien said that crews knew no one was inside the building so they mounted an exterior attack.
There were no injuries reported in the incident and the cause of the fire wasn’t immediately known.