A medical manufacturing business ended up evacuated Wednesday after an employee accidentally mixed two incompatible chemicals in a drum, causing a small chemical reaction of toxic vapors.

There were no injuries in the incident which occurred at the Morton Bowen facility in Broomfield, CO. at about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Chemical Facility Hazards Cited
Brewery Explosion, Leak Forces Evac
TN, SC Chem Plant Fires
Chemical Fires Hit Plants in MI, PA

The chemical reaction produced a small cloud of vapor, leading employees to evacuate the business, officials said.

Air monitoring showed no toxic vapors got beyond 100 feet of the building, and firefighters decided no additional evacuations were necessary.

Schneider Bold

Technicians who entered the building in full protection suits said the reaction was still slowly occurring, but there were no vapors or spills in the area. Shortly afterward, officials deemed the entire building safe.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This