A spark from a cutting torch resulted in a smoky fire that began with explosions at the Great Lakes Recycling yard on Raymond Road Monday afternoon, said Battle Creek, MI, fire investigators.
It started as a spark and really took off when it spread to a 300 gallon above ground fuel tank, and a large explosion occurred.
The blaze ended up confined to an outdoor building. There were no injuries in the incident.
Officials estimate the damage at $5,500.
Firefighters used water from a tanker truck and foam to bring the fire under control.